What is a clinical trial?
Clinical trials are research studies that involve people. They are the final step in a long process that begins with research that is done in a lab. Clinical trials are key to developing new methods to prevent, find and treat all types of diseases. It is through clinical trials that scientists can find out if new treatments are safe and effective and work better than current treatments.
Why should I participate?
- Help researchers find a better treatment for a condition that you have.
- Help find a cure for an illness.
- Have a positive impact on the future health of your family and community.
- Find ways to improve care for sick people.
- Research needs healthy volunteers as well as those with medical conditions in order to find the right answers.